Mr Daisychain likes to make runner bean soup.
1 lb Runner Beans
1 large Carrot
1 large Onion
or 1 small Leek
4 oz Potatoes
1 oz Butter
Pinch of Mixed Herbs
1 1/4 pints of Stock
1. Peal and chop all the vegetables as needed. Make sure all the vegetables are cut into even size pieces.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Slowly saute the vegetables in the pan over a gentle heat until soft.
3. Add the stock and herbs and give a good stir. Season with pepper. I do not add salt as I find some stocks are salty.
4. Simmer on the gentle hear for about half an hour or so.
5. Puree the mixture.
6. Sieve the mixture. Do not be tempered to miss this step. Some runner beans can still be 'stringy' even after cooking.
7. I like to add a drop of milk before I reheat to serve.
7. Reheat and serve with flat bread.
Any vegetables that needs using can be added.