Tuesday 4 February 2014

Daisy Quilt

I made these daisy blocks at a workshop taught by April Twigg and organised by Quay Quilters over ten years ago.  It appears that I am the only member left in the group that attended that original workshop with April.  This pattern never dates only the fabrics.  I used very bright fabrics that I still love.  I started joining the blocks to make a quilt top whilst on holiday last November. I had only just finished due to my dislocated clavicle.    
 I am the workshop member for Quay Quilters, meaning that I organise all the workshops for the group.  April and I will be holding a workshop for members to make some daisy blocks in March. 
This is one of those workshops were I do not have to worry about members getting a perfect quarter inch seam allowances or cutting accurately.  I have stitched borders onto my top. Now I have to layer, quilt and bind it!  It  may be some time until I finished this project as I am still in a lot of pain with my shoulder injury. I am working on much smaller projects which I will share with you in the next few days.          

No comments: