Monday 6 January 2020

Gifts

I purchased this PVC fabric some time ago with the intention of making several of nieces some bags. It was a discontinued fabric at Dunelm Mill shop. As it is a Disney license fabric I cannot make items to sell on my Etsy shop. When I purchased the fabric, I thought my young nieces would like it as it is 'Frozen Princess'.  All my nieces are princess.
PVC can be difficult to machine stitch without the correct foot.  I use a teflon foot.  They are not a standard foot that usually come with your machine.  But it well worth investing in a teflon foot.  I use it to stitch not only PVC but also faux leather.  Remember to also increase your stitch length and insert a larger size needle.  I refer to use a 90/14 universal needle.
These two shopper bags were made for my youngest twin girls nieces. I am making bags for the other girls. 
The metre of fabric cost £4 and will be able to make about six bags. The shopper bags are the largest bags.  I will upload photos of the other bags when I have finished them. 





No comments: