Here are the pictures of the fabrics that I dyed a few days ago using the snow dyeing technique. I enjoyed playing with the snow.
Thursday, 23 December 2010
Wednesday, 22 December 2010
I have created a 'Snow Monter'! Baby Girl thought that snow dyeing sounded interesting and decided to join in the fun. Baby Girl does not to things on a small scale. Our garden is now a colourful wonderland and our neighbours think we are both 'cuckoo'!
Tuesday, 21 December 2010
I have been having fun watching the chaos that the snow has caused on our road! I live half way up a long hill. The road leads to the beach. Living so close to the beach usually means we do not suffer with snow or icy problems. I have been watching traffic past our house and then less than two minutes later, reversing back up the hill after the drivers discover that the road is too icy to use. We have not had any buses come up pass the house in over a week. No post deliveries for that time too.
So what can a quilter do when she cannot go out shopping for new supplies? Snow dye! There has been so much talk about the subject on the Contemporary Quilt Special Interest Group of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles
The fabric is soaked in soda solution for about thirty minutes. Then placed in trays and covered with snow.
The dyes solutions are then pour onto the snow. Leave for about twenty fours hours.
Come back tomorrow to see the results.
Sunday, 19 December 2010
Is there any quilters or textile artist that would like to take part in a International Challenge next year?
- One a month or every three months.
- Each member take turn to choose the theme and or size.
- Pictures and/or statement to be uploaded to a blog or yahoo group.
- Life can get busy or hectic at times, so challenges can be missed or submit late. But each member must partake at least two challenges a year.
- Members keep all their own work but can swap with other members if both parties consent.
- Any member can post to the blog and/or yahoo group.
- All members can suggest a name for the group.
I will try to get a sign up either at the end of this blog post or on the sidebar. If there is no link or sign up, please leave a comment.