Thursday, 23 December 2010
Wednesday, 22 December 2010
Tuesday, 21 December 2010
Sunday, 19 December 2010
- One a month or every three months.
- Each member take turn to choose the theme and or size.
- Pictures and/or statement to be uploaded to a blog or yahoo group.
- Life can get busy or hectic at times, so challenges can be missed or submit late. But each member must partake at least two challenges a year.
- Members keep all their own work but can swap with other members if both parties consent.
- Any member can post to the blog and/or yahoo group.
- All members can suggest a name for the group.
I will try to get a sign up either at the end of this blog post or on the sidebar. If there is no link or sign up, please leave a comment.
Friday, 17 December 2010
Saturday, 23 October 2010
I know that I have not blogged for some time now but I am preparing to go on my travels again next week. This time, I am not going with quilting friends to a quilt show. I am going with Mr Daisychain. If I can connect to the internet and have any thing interesting to report, I will.
Now I am off to prepare and pack!
- Get the suitcases out of the attic.
- Find the padlocks and keys for the suitcases.
- Security mark the cameras, notebook and phones.
- Wash and iron clothes.
- Check first aid kit.
- Check tickets, passports and visa again.
- Collect local currency.
Wednesday, 1 September 2010
It was her first sleep over away from home. She was a bit nervous leaving behind her family but it did not last long once she met up with her two friends.
Bronwyn and Rose are sisters. They are lovely girls with a real sparkle in their eyes! They came to stay here with Angelina for a few days after the quilt show. The house was filled with the sound of giggling girls.
There will be more of the tales of Angelina over the next few months.
Monday, 23 August 2010
Sunday, 22 August 2010
It is 17 by 24 inches. All the fabrics are hand dyed. It is machine pieced and machine quilted. I love to machine quilt using rayon threads.
I left making the quilt until the last minute. That is not an uncommon practice for me. Big mistake and never again were words that I muttered as I was sewing on the hanging sleeve.
It is not a pretty or exciting quilt but I just managed the deadline, which is a huge achievement for me.
I was hoping to travel to the FoQ to see my quilt hanging but with a recurring back injury I did not to risk any further damage to my health. Come back in November to see why I turn down a chance to visit the biggest Quilt Show in Great Britain!!!!
Thursday, 19 August 2010
Sunday, 1 August 2010
Saturday, 31 July 2010
Friday, 30 July 2010
Saturday, 29 May 2010
Saturday, 22 May 2010
Repeat with Fabric B. Then press.
Wednesday, 31 March 2010
Sunday, 21 March 2010
Friday, 5 March 2010
Sunday, 14 February 2010
Thursday, 11 February 2010
You will be using only Fabric A and B 2 1/2 inch strips today.
Cut these strips again into 10 1/2 rectangles. You need eight rectangles from each fabric.
Sew eight rectangles together using alternative fabrics. Repeat.
Press the seams open. Yes, I said open. See you all again in a few days time. So come back soon.
P.S. I will be uploading pictures of those quilters following the tutorial and making the bag soon. So keep sending me your pictures. Please feel free to leave any comments or questions. Thanks.
Saturday, 6 February 2010
Cut three 2 1/2 inch strips
Cut two 4 1/2 inch strips
Cut three 2 1/2 inch strips
Cut one 4 1/2 inch strips
This is a picture of my chosen fabrics. The light blue is Fabric A and the dark blue is Fabric B. I will publish the next part in the next few days. Please leave a comment on how you are getting on.
Tuesday, 2 February 2010
4 Chicken Breasts
2oz Plain Four
Tin of Pineapple Chunks
2 tbs Lemon Juice
2 tbs Soya Sauce
2 tbs Soft Brown Sugar
Knob of Butter
1) Heat the oven at Gas Mark 4.
2) Heat a flying pan and add a large knob of butter.
3) Sieved the flour and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4) Coat the chicken breasts in the flour.
5) Fry the chicken until brown.
6) Place the chicken in a heatproof dish.
7) Drain the pineapple chunks and save the juice.
8) Mix the pineapple juice with soya sauce and lemon juice.
9) Pour the mixture over the chicken.
10) Cook the chicken in the oven until tender. Around 30 - 40 minutes.
11) When ready to serve. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the pineapple chunks and place under a hot grill until brown.
12) Serve with rice.
Monday, 25 January 2010
Wednesday, 20 January 2010
I will always use this wonderful bag thinking of Maureen and New Zealand. I just love it! Thank you once again Maureen for this wonderful treasured bag.
Tuesday, 19 January 2010
Sunday, 17 January 2010
Tuesday, 5 January 2010
Saturday, 2 January 2010
Friday, 1 January 2010
The Sewing Room
The Daisychain Studio
And any other baggage weighing down on my creative soul so I can focus on producing a new portfolio of work. There are many things I would very much like to achieve but time, space and inspiration are passing me by too quickly. I am going to try and set aside three fifteen minute sessions a day to play. It is not important whether the time is spent drafting and designing my new pattern range or catching up with sewing projects. The important thing is to discipline myself to set aside the time.
Ready steady go....