Tuesday 19 January 2010

New Quilt

Three quilting friends and I have started a new project for this year- an applique quilt. We are meeting on a weekly basis to encourage, help and complete our blocks. It will be interesting to see how the same quilt pattern will change using different fabrics, techniques and style.
I am stash busting, I am not buying anything new for this quilt. Unlike my friends who have had a wonderful time shopping for fabrics and embellishments!!!! I spent Friday afternoon selecting my fabrics, using only what I had in the sewing room. I have washed and ironed the chosen selection. Now I am ready to start my first three blocks.
The photo below shows the fabrics that I will use in my new quilt called Hearts and Flowers. This project is essentially a scrap quilt.

No comments: