Sunday 22 August 2010

Once upon a time...

I have not written much lately about my quilting life on this blog due to a number of reasons, but I will not bore you with the details! I have managed to enter a quilt into the Festival of Quilts show 2010. This is my quilt called 'Once upon a Time...'.

It is 17 by 24 inches. All the fabrics are hand dyed. It is machine pieced and machine quilted. I love to machine quilt using rayon threads.

I left making the quilt until the last minute. That is not an uncommon practice for me. Big mistake and never again were words that I muttered as I was sewing on the hanging sleeve.

It is not a pretty or exciting quilt but I just managed the deadline, which is a huge achievement for me.

I was hoping to travel to the FoQ to see my quilt hanging but with a recurring back injury I did not to risk any further damage to my health. Come back in November to see why I turn down a chance to visit the biggest Quilt Show in Great Britain!!!!

No comments: