Monday 11 July 2011

Stitch-A-Long

I am taking part in the Stitch-A-Long. We are stitching red work Christmas blocks, using the 'Tis the Season' book by Natalie Bird.  I am a little behind as I had to order the book from New Zealand.  I tried to get the book from a UK quilt shop but the book had sold out in all the shops.

The next problem for me was which fabrics to use to complete the blocks.  It took me several days to audition my fabrics.  As I had not washed the fabrics, I then had to wash and press the fabrics.

The third problem was finding the right red thread.  Chookyblue and the other stitchers had several suggestions in the choice of colour.  I had to travel to several shops until I find one that sold what I want to use in this project.

The fourth problem was finding time to sit and stitch the blocks.  Life has thrown several curved balls my way and I found myself dealing with those problems.  Mr Daisychain thought it would be a good idea to get away for the week to relax.  We are now in Bembridge,  enjoying the sunshine and slowly catching up with my blocks.  I cannot upload pictures at the moment as the wifi is a little slow.  I will upload pictures next week when I get home to all the postings from Bembridge.

No comments: