Wednesday, 19 September 2012
I have decided to cheat a little by joining all my empty applique blocks to their pieced blocks. I now have five columns to work on. This means that I can take it out and about with me as all the applique is already prepared. I decided to piece the blocks into columns as I had the last two weeks off work due to being ill with ear infections so spent some time at my sewing machine without feeling guilty about household chores.
Tuesday, 18 September 2012
I have finished two small wall hanging this week. The Seascape quilt I taught to a local group several years ago. The top was completed as a demonstration example. It had been pinned to my design wall ever since the class. I have planed to hand quilt it with dyed thread but it the end I simply quilted it in the ditch.