Monday 7 July 2014

Disappearing Nine Patch

I taught Disappearing Nine Patch workshop to Plymstock Patchers in February.  I  even posted about how to make a disappearing nine patch quilt here.
I layered the top up several months ago but I could not decide what pattern to use to machine quilt or what thread to use to quilt with. Due to my on going shoulder injury, I decided to keep the quilting pattern simple and use a white cotton thread to machine quilt.  
The photos were taken as soon as I finished stitching the binding on and as you can tell before pressing the quilt!  I quilted stars all over the quilt.  The stars are the same size and none on them are joined together. They are all separate stars.  The stars on the outer borders are not complete stars as I wanted to give the appearance of the stars falling off the quilt.  This quilt will be at the Princetown Arts and Crafts Show for sale.  If you would like to buy it before then, email me with an offer. 

Plym Jar £1.00

No comments: