Tuesday 2 January 2018

My Word for the Year

My word for 2018 is 'Control".

Do you get the feeling I am still a work in progress quilter?

I am reposting bits of posts that I have written in previous years as this is how am feeling today.  I am in need of organising my clutter/sewing studio and reducing my stash.  I love to make lists and cross things off that list as I achieve or complete an activity. 

No need to buy any new fabric unless if it going to be used in finishing current projects as I already have a very large fabric stash. Be at peace about using every piece of special fabric in my stash. Just use the special fabric to help turn it into a beautiful item.

Start reducing my commitments and saying no to any new ones.  

Be peaceful about my huge number of UFOs.  It is not going to harm me or anyone else if they remain unfinished.  Just enjoy working on the UFOs when time allows.

I need to focus on producing a new portfolio of work. There are many things I would very much like to achieve but time, space and inspiration are passing me by too quickly. 

Last year I set aside Tuesday and Thursday mornings as my working sessions.  It is not important whether the time is spent drafting and designing my new pattern range or sewing.  The important thing is to discipline myself to set aside the time.           
Ready steady go..

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I think we all have these thoughts throughout the year. We are all a work in progress. Good luck during this year.