Wednesday 9 January 2013

Log Cabin Workshop

This quilt was started at a workshop in 2005.  The tutor requested that the students cut all the strip for the quilt before the workshop day.  The original plan was to complete all the quilt-as-you-go blocks on the day and take home to join the blocks into a quilt in our own time.     
I completed three blocks and decided that I did not like the method taught at the workshop.  As the strips were already cut and I love the Log Cabin quilts, I continue making the quilt with the traditional piecing.   I finished piecing the top very quickly. I layered the top and started to quilt it with rayon threads in a wavy design.  It remained unfinished for the next seven years.  Not unloved as it was thrown over the sofa and in constant use. Last year, the Cast Off Girls thought I should finish it so I could enter the quilt into the local quilt group show. 
There were other quilts in the local quilt show that have taken much longer to complete than my Log Cabin quilt.  I encourage you all to get out that long overdue project and complete it this year.
  

No comments: