Thursday 26 December 2019

Christmas Gift

I designed this Christmas gift for a auntie.  I try every year to make this relative a gift as I know she likes the personal touch.
I have an ever increasing fabric stash.  My favourite fabrics, which happens to be most of my stash, is so precious I plan only to use them for special projects.
This is the silly reason my fabric stash is increasing in size!
I also took the opportunity to write up instructions for this design as a pdf pattern as well as using for teaching workshops
I am delighted to say this gift has been a hit with the receiver.
I machine quilted using a gold metallic thread. I used a top stitching needle to stop the metallic thread breaking whilst quilting. The other trick is to reduce the speed on the sewing machine. 
The table runner is a hexagon shape so I used a single fold binding. Standard quilt binding is too bulky for this pattern, 

This is a very easy and quick pattern. I will tweak the instructions a little and then let you know where to purchase it.

No comments: