Friday 20 June 2014

National Quilt Championships Sandown Park

I drove up to Surrey yesterday to visit my family.  This weekend is also the National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park  What is Sandown Park?  It is a national race course.  From the stands you can see the roof of Hampton Court Palace and beyond to London.
I have never visited the quilt show at Sandown before so did not know what to expect.  I was surprised as the quilts were nicely displayed and the traders had plenty of spaced to move to view their products.  There was lots of places to sit and rest.  All the doors were open to allow visitors to sit on the stands, lovely to sit and have lunch.  A very large restaurant area and several to food vendors,  from drinks and a quick snack to hot meals.
It was a very hot day today but with the tiled floor and doors open make the hall cool enough to view the quilts and shop.  This is the best grosvenor show I have visited.  Why have I not been before especially as my family live less than five miles away? 
I entered my quilt called The Alameda Gardens to the National Quilt Championships.  Although I made this quilt some years ago I have never entered it into a national quilt show.  Without our quilts there is no show.  Grosvenor Show Ltd were very helpful and every quilter that enters a quilt get a free ticket to the show. 

No comments: