Tuesday 23 February 2016

Another Charm Square Quilt

Charm packs could be used for this quilt or you could cut your own squares.  If you cut your own squares, then you can chose the size of your squares.  As I have a six inch width ruler, I usually cut my squares to the width of my ruler.
In this quilt photo I have used 24 different squares, but if you would a large quilt use more squares. I have used this method with 30 plus squares.   Arrange the squares so that no two colours are next to each other.  When you like your arrangement, sew them together.
After sewing my squares together, the finished square size is 5 1/2 inches.  So cutting down the middle of the square should measure  2 3/4 inches from the sewn seam.    
 
Rearrange the strips, making sure that no two same fabric rectangles are place next to each other. Then sew the strips together.
In this photo, one quilt top is made with 6 inch squares and the other with 5 inch squares.Then add borders, quilt and bind.
Then add borders, quilt and bind.  This is a quick project that can be made in a couple of hours.   

No comments: