Saturday 1 February 2014

Courgette Frittata

Ingredients
5 Eggs
2 Courgettes - grated
5 Rashers of Back Bacon
1 Cup of Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup of Self Raising Flour
1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
Method
Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
Add the courgettes, bacon, cheese and oil.  Mix well.
Add the flour and again mix until smooth.
Pour into cooking tin.  (I cook my frittata in a silicone tin.)
Add extra grated cheese on top of the frittata before placing on the middle shelf of the oven.
Cook for about 40 - 50 minutes or until golden brown.
I like to double cook my frittata.  As I am the only person in my family that likes courgettes and this recipe serves 4-5 people, I cook and eat it over two nights. 
This recipe can be frozen at the pre and post cooking stages. 
Serve with salad.   
Be warned, this recipe is very delicious and one slice is never enough.  My photos make this recipe look boring but oh boy it is heaven.

No comments: